Detox and Anti Aging
A Detox program is a great way to kick-start a healthier way of living. Not only will cleansing benefit your mind, body and spirit, but also provides a transition period between old and new ways.
5 Steps to Simple Detoxification
Follow these 5 simple steps to increase energy, lose weight and reverse aging!
- Alkalizing Morning Cleanse – Start the day off with a gentle cleanse, by squeezing a quarter to half lemon into 8-10 oz of room temperature. Not only does lemon activate your liver and gallbladder to release toxins, but it also alkalizes the body, bringing it into a more balanced, less acidic state.
- Clean Sweeping Foods – Foods that contain a good source of fiber can help jump start your detox. These include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes and raw nuts or seeds, which also contain many of the necessary nutrients supporting detoxification. These foods help clean the intestinal wall removing unwanted waste.
- Avoid Sugar – Sugar is one of the main additives is so many foods on the market today. Sugar quick energy release gives a high and low effects which can throw your body out of balance, making you crave more. Sugar also contributes to the over-growth of unhealthy bacteria in your gut, which can result in an excess of toxins produced in the intestinal track.
- Water, Water and More Water – The best way to flush your system and support the release of toxins is to be well hydrated. Drink plenty of filtered water throughout the day, as well as decaffeinated herbal teas. Avoid sugar drinks of all kinds, including diet sodas.
- Breathing – Deep breathing allows oxygen to circulate more completely through your system. It also helps reduce stress, as many of us tend to ‘forget’ to breathe during stressful states.
Detoxification is another word for cleansing or ridding the body of toxins. A toxin is any substance that causes irritating or harmful effects in your body. They can be acquired through external sources or produced internally by the body through everyday normal processes. Your body is designed to cope with toxins and eliminate them, however, if you are taking in more toxins than you can eliminate, your body will reach a state of toxicity rather quickly.